Did you know that most insurance policies also come with complimentary health and wellbeing services?
In today’s competitive market, insurance providers are offering a range of additional benefits to policyholders. In this blog we look at some examples of the additional benefits provided by insurers.
Nobody wants to think about illness, injury, or death, but it is a part of life for all of us. Having the peace of mind that Life insurance, Income Protection insurance and Critical Illness cover gives can often make a big difference to the quality of your day-to-day life through the assurance it gives.
What some people don’t realise is that their insurance policies can give them more than just peace of mind. It can also provide them with invaluable benefits they can use in their everyday lives.
Here are a few examples of additional benefits insurers provide with their policies:
AIG Life insurance policies include access to Smart Health, no matter which product, premium or when the cover was taken out, this allows access to:
- 24/7 virtual GP appointments
- Access to Best Doctors (second medical opinion)
- Online health check
- Nutritional support
- Fitness plans
- Mental health support
- Smart Health is available to the policyholder, their immediate family, and any children up until age 21 and is free of charge and the services are unlimited. 
The Exeter’s Healthwise Plan offers:
- Remote GP appointments that cover conditions such as musculoskeletal, skin, cold/flu, back/neck, children’s health, ear, nose & throat, headaches/migraines, and bladder/kidney issues.
- Mental health support
- Physiotherapy support
- Cover for members and their family which can be accessed anywhere in the world. 
LV= Income Protection offers:
- Parent and child cover for up to 54 different medical conditions paid out in a lump sum if an operation is needed, up to 6 times, depending on policy type.
- Rehabilitation support services
- Fracture cover
- Unemployment payment holidays
- Doctor Services – provides access to quality medical services from day 1 of cover, including remote GP 24/7 access, a second opinion service right through to support for mental health. 
Vitality offers a more rewards/points-based scheme
essentially the more active you become, the more points you earn and benefits you can access including:
- Vitality health check for adults and children
- Access to main health services
- Mindfulness, wellbeing, and relaxation options
- Luxury/Boutique stays and travel.
- Access to apps, equipment, trackers, tech, and memberships that support better eating habits, fitness rates, increased activity and stopping smoking 
The additional benefits available depend on the type of cover you have. These examples may not be right for everyone and your eligibility for cover will depend on your personal circumstances. That’s why it’s important to speak to a Protection Adviser so they can understand your situation and determine which type of protection is right for you and your family.
If you think that you and your loved ones could benefit from having protection in place that may also offer additional benefits, our friendly team at Downton Mortgages and Financial Services is available to provide you with the advice you need to protect your life, health, and wellbeing.
Please note for these insurance products, terms and conditions apply. This information is a summary only. You will receive a full policy document upon application. This policy will set out the terms, conditions and limitations of cover provided under the plan.
The information contained within was correct at the time of publication but is subject to change.
 AIG Smart Health, April 2023
 The Exeter Healthwise Report 2022
 LVadvisor.com, April 2023
 Vitality.com. April 2023